November 17, 2020
Greetings Caribe Members,
Hope this message finds you all well while we are still battling the COVID pandemic. Fortunately, that has not hampered our efforts for improvements here at the Caribe starting with the news that 156 members are now signed up for our caribeinc.com website. We got through a brush with Hurricane Eta with minimal damage thanks to the entire Caribe staff’s hurricane preparedness efforts. We have also welcomed a new manager, Denise Huhn, who was able to step into her new role with total professionalism.
As stated, we have been very busy implementing improvements. Here’s a list of the projects that have been completed in the last couple of weeks:
- Main Lobby marble floor cleaned and polished. (*Picture)
- Elevator floors have been repaired and retiled. (*Picture)
- Social room and restrooms floor professionally cleaned, sealed, and polished.
- New plexiglass safety shield installed around the front desk providing improved COVID protection for our security guards. (*Picture)
- A shelving unit was installed behind the front desk to allow the staff to neatly and securely organize the current increase in number of packages. (*Picture)
- New, more attractive lighting was installed around shuffle board (*Picture)
- Pool Fence was sanded and repainted. (*Picture)
- Pool area pavers were power washed and sealed.
- Pool Canopy frame was sanded and repainted. (New Canopy will be installed soon.)
- Pool landscaping was updated with plants, decorative rocks and border, etc. (*Picture)
- Beach Sand cleared behind the sea grass minimize sand blowing into the pool area and create a functional pathway. (*Picture)
- Entrance tunnel area repaired and painted.
- Generator / Radiator repaired.
- Restoration of exterior balconies (repairs and repainting).
- Exterior fire doors (sanding and repainting).
- Sealing of all parking lots.
Thanks to our Caribe Maintenance Committee, staff, and to our members in residence who have been very patient during the inconvenience of having these projects done during the past few weeks. Stay safe and we hope to see more of our members after the holidays.
The Caribe Web Team
New Registration Required
Your website has recently been upgraded to a newer, mobile-friendly platform. All residents will need to register a new account by clicking here.
The Caribe’ Inc. – Our Treasure By The Sea
The Caribe’ Inc. of Broward County is a beachfront high-rise cooperative building with 149 units with exceptional direct ocean views. The Caribe’ Inc. is located in the charming beachside town of Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida. The building was completed in 1962 with a thoughtful design which enables each member to enjoy both direct ocean and beach views as well as tropical breezes.
The Caribe’ property has a large beach front pool complete with chaise lounge seating to enjoy the sun and a canopied area for relaxing after the sun. Other amenities include barbeque grills, bike storage racks, and a shuffleboard court. For indoor activities, there is a newly renovated social room with WiFi and an adjacent kitchen, an exercise room, library and a conference room.
The Caribe’ location is within easy walking distance of shops, restaurants and nightlife. To assure a relaxing environment, The Caribe’ has a front desk that is staffed 24 hours to assist members and monitor the property. As a further convenience, there are ample carts to transport purchases and luggage.
At The Caribe’, members experience resort style living with exceptional views of the ocean, beach, Lauderdale By The Sea pier, lighthouse and city of Fort Lauderdale.
Experience the best of South Florida beachside living in Our Treasure By The Sea—The Caribe’.
4050 North Ocean Drive
Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, Fl. 33308