Notice from The Caribe’ Board of Directors
The Caribé Inc. of Broward County
4050 N. Ocean Drive, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL 33308
Telephone: 954-776-6484, Fax: 954-776-4193
June 27, 2020
At the duly noticed Board Meeting on Wednesday, June 24, 2020, the Directors passed two motions: a) allowing units for sale to be shown and b) allowing construction work to be continued in those units where projects were in progress as of March 15, 2020. These will become effective at 10 am on Monday, June 29.
The Board believes that continuing to restrict showings of units poses a significant burden to Members who may need to sell their units for financial reasons and that allowing construction to continue to completion reflects the Members’ right to have an inhabitable living space granted in the Proprietary Lease.
Only those units that are for sale and that have been placed on the “Units for Sale” list with our business office will be allowed to be shown. All real estate agents, or Members who are selling their units without a real estate agent, must adhere to the following conditions.
Conditions for showing units at The Caribe:
- Face coverings must be worn by the real estate agents and their clients, or Members and their prospective buyers, at all times while in the building
- A maximum of 3 people are allowed access into the building (the agent or Member and 2 other people)
- The trio shall not share the elevator with other parties and must wait until the elevator is empty before entering
- There is a maximum of 15 minutes in each unit that is being shown
- The trio is only allowed on the floors where the unit or units are being shown. Accessing other floors or common areas is not allowed. Entry into the pool area is not allowed.
- The agent or Member must sign a document outlining these conditions above, indicating that they understand the conditions and agree to adhere to them.
Conditions for Construction Workers:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while in common areas and elevator
- Workers shall not share the elevator with other parties and must wait until the elevator is empty before entering
- Workers must follow the pre-existing procedures and rules established for construction/trade workers in the building (i.e. licenses, insurance, permits, clean-up, elevator use, work hours, etc.)
Board of Directors
Important Message from the Caribe’ Web Team
New Caribe Website now Up and Running!
We are pleased to announce the roll out of a new upgraded website. An upgrade was required because our vendor was updating their systems and our website needed to be compatible with their new program. We saw this as a great opportunity to redesign the look of the website and make the menus much easier to navigate.
In order to access the new website, members will need to register. Your old login information will not work with the new website. The registration process is easy and shouldn’t take but a minute to complete.
By registering and using the new website you will be able to have 24/7 online access to a lot of great information, including:
- Important notices from the Board of Directors
- Contact information for the Directors, Property Manager and the front desk
- Notification and updates on Building & Grounds projects
- Hurricane damage reports/photos
- Forms to download (guest registration, unit project/work notices, window and air conditioner compliance forms)
- Directory of Caribe’ Members
- Dates of Board meetings
- Minutes for recent Board meetings
- Annual budgets and financial audit reports
- Caribe’ Rules and By-Laws
- Dates of Men’s and Women’s Club activities
- Photos of recent social events
Please go to www.thecaribeinc.com to register. Click on the “Login” menu and follow the instructions. Members of the Web Team will be in the lobby to assist in the registration process and answer questions you may have about the new website. The times and dates will be posted.
We trust that you will find the new website simple to use and a convenient source of important Caribe’ information.
The Caribe’ Web Team
New Registration Required
Your website has recently been upgraded to a newer, mobile-friendly platform. All residents will need to register a new account by clicking here.
The Caribe’ Inc. – Our Treasure By The Sea
The Caribe’ Inc. of Broward County is a beachfront high-rise cooperative building with 149 units with exceptional direct ocean views. The Caribe’ Inc. is located in the charming beachside town of Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida. The building was completed in 1962 with a thoughtful design which enables each member to enjoy both direct ocean and beach views as well as tropical breezes.
The Caribe’ property has a large beach front pool complete with chaise lounge seating to enjoy the sun and a canopied area for relaxing after the sun. Other amenities include barbeque grills, bike storage racks, and a shuffleboard court. For indoor activities, there is a newly renovated social room with WiFi and an adjacent kitchen, an exercise room, library and a conference room.
The Caribe’ location is within easy walking distance of shops, restaurants and nightlife. To assure a relaxing environment, The Caribe’ has a front desk that is staffed 24 hours to assist members and monitor the property. As a further convenience, there are ample carts to transport purchases and luggage.
At The Caribe’, members experience resort style living with exceptional views of the ocean, beach, Lauderdale By The Sea pier, lighthouse and city of Fort Lauderdale.
Experience the best of South Florida beachside living in Our Treasure By The Sea—The Caribe’.
4050 North Ocean Drive
Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, Fl. 33308